There are so many ways for you to get involved and fundraise for Born Free.This year we are fundraising for our Year of the Lion a year of action for lions in honour of the 100th birthday year of our charity’s fearless founder and lionheart, Bill Travers MBE. We're calling on the public to help halt the devastating decline in wild lions, campaign for the welfare of lions exploited in zoos, circuses and as ‘pets’ and support our Forever Lions fund.
With our help, it’s easy to raise funds for Born Free! Hold your own event or activity, or challenge yourself with a sporting activity. Every single penny you raise will help Born Free protect wild animals.
FUNDRAISING HINTS & TIPS
There's so many ways you can fundraise and so many ways you can spread the word about your event or challenge. Here's some of our hints and tips:
- Be realistic. Decide on an event or challenge that is manageable and achievable to you without being overwhelming. After all, we want you to enjoy your fundraising efforts!
- Consider the resources available to you so your fundraiser is possible. For example, do you have an available venue? Do you have the right equipment? Will friends and family be available to help you, if needed?
- Download a sponsor form to keep track of the pledges you have received
- Create your own JustGiving page so that people can donate online
- If you are fundraising for a specfic Born Free project or campaign, check out our downloadable posters for you to print and promote your event
- If you are running for Born Free, let us know and we will send you a Born Free running vest to wear with pride
- Share your fundraiser on your social media channels, and encourage friends and family to share too
- Create a Facebook event so that your followers know what you are planning
- Consider contacting your local newspaper or radio station as they may be interested in featuring your fundraising efforts
- Have fun and let us know how you get on!